What is the ACMS?
Coals2U.co.uk is a trading name of CPL Distribution Ltd, who is a member of the ACMS (which stands for Approved Coal Merchant Scheme) All ACMS approved coal merchants follow a Consumer Charter.
The charter is a guarantee of the standards and service to the consumer in the distribution of solid fuels.
- Supply only coal and smokeless fuel correctly described, prepared and delivered in a proper manner
- Advise customers which fuels are suitable for use in their appliance and comply with Clean Air Legislation
- Ensure that complaints will be investigated promptly and resolved to mutual satisfaction
- Give priority to orders notified as urgent on account of illness, old age or infirmity
- Provide a detailed price list
- Be insured against Public and Products Liability
- Abide by the Coal Trade Code
You should always buy your fuel from ACMS members to protect yourself against inferior products and poor customer service.
What is HETAS?
HETAS is the official body recognised by government to approve as being safe and fit for purpose, all solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services.
To gain HETAS approval, fuels are tested and approved for use on a specific type of appliance - either an open fire, closed appliance (includes multi-fuel stoves, cookers and roomheaters) or a gravity fed boiler system. HETAS tests such things as ease of ignition, heat output, firelife and ash levels to ensure that HETAS approved fuels meet certain performance criteria and are safe for use on an appliance.
Buying a HETAS approved fuel is your assurance that you are buying a quality solid fuel.
For a full list of HETAS approved fuels please click here.